We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

banking

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
banking

hi can someone tell me if there are ATMs on the isalnd and if so what banks are they.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,949 posts
1,361 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: banking

Yes, there are ATM machines in the village. I'm sure Airlian will tell you exactly where, I can remember one near the liquor shop, marina and pub. I'm sure there are heaps more in the resorts.

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: banking

You've got a good memory Ellemay, you'll have no problem accessing your account and HI will have no prob taking that money off you.

HI has it's own Post Office, fire station and security, medical facilities as well as the National Australia Bank branch on the island there are several ATM machines that will cover most if not all bank accounts. cheers airlian

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: banking

Theres also one outside the main resort desk near Toucan's restaurant

Abbey

Mannheim
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: banking

Is there a Westpac ATM on the island?

Thank you

Mike

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: banking

Hi Mike

I think the ATM's on the island are more multi ones which take all cards

As the only bank on the island is a NAB, they are more likely to be their ATM's, if they are tied to a particular bank that is

I will be up there end of October so will check them all out

You will definitely be able to use your Westpac Card but check to see what fees you will be charged when using one that isnt there own

As you travel around Australia you may not always get the Westpac owned one so you need to be prepared for what the costs are

Abbey

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: banking

They are NAB ATMs; one is near the bank on the marina side and one is near the resort entrance on the beach side. Naturally you can use a Westpac card but we got money out at Sydney airport so didn't need run up extra fees!

7. Re: banking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island
More Hamilton Island Topics