We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daydream experience

Selby
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Daydream experience

We have just returned from a week long holiday on Daydream. I read all the posts before we left and took note of all the comments. We took our own snorkels, masks and flippers so we didn't have to pay to hire theirs($15 a day). Our only negative thing on the holiday was the rainy weather meant we couldn't take out the free kayaks or catamarans, however they can't control the weather and we still had fantastic fun. The rooms were gorgeous and immaculately clean (including the bathrooms). There were 3 restaurants that offered a variety of food - not all were open every day but big deal! There was a fair bit of choice and the buffet was great value at $39 each- with heaps of food. The included breakfasts were sumptuous and covered all tastes. We had some cup soups and noodles and biscuits in our luggage for light lunches around the pool although the bakery is a great option for fantastic sandwiches and a beautiful mud cake they made for my daughter's 5th birthday. The gardens, pools and spas were absolutely gorgeous and all the staff members we encountered were friendly and helpful. We went on a Cruise Whitsundays tour to knuckle reef for some diving and snorkelling. That was brilliant and the staff members were fantastic when our 3 year old niece threw up. They weren't fazed at all. There were 30 staff members for about 110 guests.

Snorkelling and swimming at the beautiful Lovers Cove was a highlight, as was a beautiful massage. I honestly can't recommend the place highly enough.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
31,121 posts
2,006 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daydream experience

Thanks for sharing Belushi and I'm glad you enjoyed the island. Its a fun island for a family with plenty of activities for everyone.

Good idea about taking your own flippers etc.etc......

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daydream experience

Thanks Belushi for a great report

I have just had a friend return from Daydream also and they had a terrific family holiday

It is so nice to read positive comments about the island resorts

That is the beauty of the area, there is a holiday for everyone whether on land or sea

Abbey

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Daydream experience

Only ever had positive things to say about daydream it is one of the better island resorts and great for families. Nice flat easy walking and plenty of kids entertainment, pity about the weather but you have to make the most of what you have and it sounds like you did. thanks for the review. Did the kids like the coral lagoon with the rays and the sharks in it? cheers airlian

4. Re: Daydream experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Daydream Island
More Daydream Island Topics