We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon

Thinking of going to Heron Island first week in November for a honeymoon. Can anyone confirm whether or not it is a good honeymoon destination? just want somehwere hot, beaches, relaxing etc.

Also, what is the food like? Is there only one restaurant so kind of restricted in where you go or even if so, is the food varied enough to not get sick of it after a week?

Also, I know that the stinger season starts around this time up north...does it effect the swimming at heron?

Comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

Heron Island is beautiful, fantastic if you like relaxing, quietness, snorkelling. It is a very small island, the weather will be hot in November.

When we were there a few years ago there was only one restaurant, we really enjoyed the food as it was a new menu each night. We were there for 5 nights, and that was enough. Having said that ,we are planning to go back this year.

When we were there, we did not bother with stinger suits as the island is located on the outer Great Barrier Reef. It may be necessary now due to the increasing numbers of Irukandji jellyfish.

If you love snorkelling, scuba diving this is one of the best spots i know. Maybe far too quiet for a honeymoon, guess it is what you want.

Hayman , Hamilton and daydream Island in the Whitsundays are popular and cater well for honeymooners

cheers

Jeff

http://community.webshots.com/user/surfoz

Mentioned in this post
Great Barrier Reef
Great Barrier Reef
Queensland, Australia
Hamilton Island
Hamilton Island
Whitsunday Islands, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon

oh i forgot to mention that the island changed hands sometime ago. I have heard varying reports about the upkeep of the resort and the food service, so i would definitely check that out.