We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas in Noosa/Mooloolaba and NYE on Fraser Island?

Which Fraser Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Xmas in Noosa/Mooloolaba and NYE on Fraser Island?

Does this sounds like a good plan?

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas in Noosa/Mooloolaba and NYE on Fraser Island?

Plan it so you have Xmas lunch at Kingfisher Bay Resort on Fraser and NYE at Mooloolaba where they have fireworks on the beach. Book asap as it is the busiest time of year. See Australia Zoo on your way. see accommooloolaba.com.au and maroochytourism.com

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
243 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas in Noosa/Mooloolaba and NYE on Fraser Island?

Lockies plan sounds good, except the last meal I had at Kingfisher was the seafood buffet and it was a shocker. Would be interested to see other comments.

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas in Noosa/Mooloolaba and NYE on Fraser Island?

Cheers for the advice. Going to book Xmas at Kingfisher Bay on Fraser and will probably be Mooloolaba/Noosa for NYE. Was hoping there would be a beach party for NY but have been informed by an Aussie that won't be happening. Any advice on heading to a club?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas in Noosa/Mooloolaba and NYE on Fraser Island?

Hi RichandRach,

If you want my candid advice about clubbing on new years, its don't do it! its really not worth the hassle and the clubs on the coast are not that great anyway. check the noosa shire council website http://www.noosa.qld.gov.au/index.php to find out what community activities are planned for new years. most of the areas have street paries and bands, but they don't allow drinking on the beaches themselves. if you are smokers you should also be advised that it is illegal to smoke on some of the beaches.

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas in Noosa/Mooloolaba and NYE on Fraser Island?

That's really good advice, Georgia. I'm staying in Mooloolaba for NYE and there will be fireworks on the beach - sounds good to me!