We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better cruise from Port Douglas Calypso or Silversonic?

gurgaon
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Better cruise from Port Douglas Calypso or Silversonic?

Hi, I am planning a trip to Port Douglas and Cairns and want to go for Great Barrier Reef. I have heard that Quicksilver is the best cruise but it is too expensive for me. I am thinking of going woth Calypso or Silversonic for my cruise and scuba dive. Please suggest which one is better of the two?

Also, if knowing swimming is must for diving?

Thanks in advance!!

Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better cruise from Port Douglas Calypso or Silversonic?

Calypso is amazing and in my opinion better than Quick Silver because smaller but well equipped boats, family run, friendly warm hearted staff and service, smaller groups therefore more intimate feel. In Port Douglas on the snorkel trip we visited 3 different reef sites. If you book online or tell them you tried to do they will give you 5 per cent discount on price. Going to the GBR is weather dependent so if you are there a few days book at beginning of trip in case of postponement. Again only in my opinion Port Douglas is the nicer of the two towns too. No high rice buildings and small friendly feel.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 1:04 pm, December 05, 2013
Maui
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Better cruise from Port Douglas Calypso or Silversonic?

You need to be able to tread water. Not necessarily a long distance swimmer.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Better cruise from Port Douglas Calypso or Silversonic?

so, which did you do and feedback?

4. Re: Better cruise from Port Douglas Calypso or Silversonic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 02, 2015