We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to GBR - Worth it?

Adelaide, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Day trip to GBR - Worth it?

Hey everyone! Me and my cousin have planned a 13 day holiday in Australia and have already booked all our domestic tickets. Our schedule is as follows for June 2012:-

17th & 18th: Gold Coast

19th & 20th : Byron Bay

21st, 22nd, 23rd: Sydney

24th & 25th: Ayers rock

26th-29th: Melbourne

My questions are:-

1) We were just wondering whether it would be a good idea to scrap gold coast and to go to Cairns instead from the 17th - 18th (We have accommodation paid for and booked in Byron Bay for the nights of 19th and 20th already).

I'm only arriving in Gold Coast at 11.30am on the 17th and have to fly to Cairns from Brisbane. Would it be worthwhile to book flight tickets to Cairns just to spend a night at the GBR and then head back to brissy & byron bay?

My cousin is coming all the way from USA and would love to see the GBR, even if it's just to snorkle for a few hours then fly out. Is that a good idea?

2) In June, would the water be too cold to surf/swim in Gold Coast? What activities do you suggest?

Edited: 3:53 am, June 05, 2012
1. Re: Day trip to GBR - Worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Great Barrier Reef