We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day tour to great barrier reef

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
day tour to great barrier reef

I am going to Carins with my parents in late Nov, want to spend one day on great barrier reef. Have heard there are some boats going to GBR, had anyone travelled on those boat? Can anyone offer any opinions.

Ps. My parents don't speak English, so I would prefer the one which can provide translation.

Thanks

Narooma, Australia
Level Contributor
977 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day tour to great barrier reef

There are a number of boats that have day trips to the Reef from Cairns. I don't know if any have translations, or bilingual crew. If Tripadvisor people can't help, perhaps you should contact the tourist information people in Cairns to see if they can advise you. You don't tell us which language your parents use.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day tour to great barrier reef

I´ve been recently in GBR from Cairns. I highly recommend you a small boat. You´ll take so much than with the big cruises. We went for a day trip with Seastar and it was fantastic. It´s a boat with 30 people. They take you to Michaelmas Cay, which it´s beatiful and also to other spot in the outer reef, very far from the crowdy places. The crew was just fantastic. Very supportive. I was with my daughter of 7 years old and they were very carefully in all moment. Also they provide you snorkelling guides and the suits included in the price. They have a minibus that pick you from your hotel (we were in Palm Cove). I highly recommend the trip.

3. Re: day tour to great barrier reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 09, 2012