We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Waterloo, Iowa
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon

My future husband and I are considering making our Honeymoon a trip to Australia. Any suggestions for a two week itinerary? We want mostly beach/snorkeling and some fun city stuff.. it will be the end of May.

SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

have a look at

www.queenslandholidays.com.au

www.qhx.com.au

www.tourismqueensland.com.au

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
36 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon

My husband and I went on our honeymoon to Australia last October. We loved it. If you are lookking for mostly beach and snorkeling, I would suggest Cairns, Port Douglas, or Brisbane. There are lots of resorts and plenty of info available on Australia.com and some of the other sites linked to that. You can easily take a day trip out to the Reef for snorkeling or I did a cruise on Captain Cook Cruises. I also heard the Coral Princess cruise along the reef is nice too with more snorkeling.

I would definitely recommend going to Sydney. You can't visit Australia without stopping there. There is so much to do in and around Sydney. Our first week we were in Melbourne and Cairns and our last five days we spent in Sydney. We did the bridge climb in Sydney which is fabulous. We also took a few cruises around the harbour, went to the zoo, and also visited the Hunter Valley for a wine tour. The night life is great too.