We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from Townsville to Mission Beach

Which Townsville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
bus from Townsville to Mission Beach

Hi, am hoping someone can help me and my boyfriend decide what to do.

We arrive at Townsville Airport at 11.55am from Brisbane (originally coming from London via Dubai). There are buses from Townsville city to Mission Beach at 1.50pm and 2.20pm. Firstly, do you think we will make one of these buses given that it is only 2 hours? I have read that the airport is close to the city but not sure if this will leave us enough time?

And secondly should we book or risk turning up on the day without a ticket.

Any advice you can give would be really helpful. thanks in advance.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from Townsville to Mission Beach

Hi Nicola,

Seeing as you are arriving at the domestic airport your clearance will be much quicker and you should be out of the airport within half an hour. There are plenty of taxi's outside the terminal so getting into Townsville will not be a problem, you should have plenty of time to meet the connecting bus to Mission Beach. I would e-mail the bus company and ask them if the bus is likely to be full if you're unsure about that but I would suggest that it probably won't be full. Enjoy your trip, Mission Beach is a bit of a 'sleepy hollow' but if that's what you're after you've picked the correct place to holiday ! Cheers.

2. Re: bus from Townsville to Mission Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 14, 2015