We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Bisbane to Gold Coast

Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Transport from Bisbane to Gold Coast

I'll arrive at Bisbane Airport after midnight. If need to travel to GC, what are the choice and estimated cost? If we drive, is it easy? Or is it advisable to stay in a nearby hotel for the night and travel to GC the next morning? Thanks in advance for your kind advice.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Bisbane to Gold Coast

You couldn't catch the AirTrain, as it would have finished before midnight. I'm not sure if you will be able to rent a car, as I assume the rental car counters would have closed, however, double-check with the companies you're interested in gong with. If you want to be on the GC, then, private transfer via companies like Con-x-ion might be your only option.

Otherwise, you can stay overnight in Brisbane, which will mean you have all three options available to you: rent a car, catch the AirTrain and then make your way to your hotel, or take private transfer like using Con-x-ion. However, I don't think it's a bad idea looking into Con-X-ion - The only thing is making sure your accommodation place is fully aware of your very later/early arrival, as not too many would arrive after midnight, I assume, and you certainly don't want to be stuck outside!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
54 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Bisbane to Gold Coast

Stay overnight at the Novotel just near the Brisbane Airport. Wake up refreshed and alert the next morning. You don't want to be driving an hour to the Gold Coast when you've been oxygen and sleep deprived. Its dangerous and its no fun.

Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Bisbane to Gold Coast

Thanks for the advice. Any good recommendation of hotel near Brisbane Airport for 2A and 3C? My budget is about A$220. Thanks.

Edited: 12:21 am, April 18, 2013
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Bisbane to Gold Coast

Not too many of the hotels/motels around the airport get great reviews, unfortunately. Also, not sure when you're actual trip will be, so, it's difficult to suggest any in particular, as rates vary throughout the year.

Not sure what the Novotel's rates are like, but if they suit, I'd go for that one.

Otherwise, Quality Hotel Airport International might be within your budget range. They have a two-bedroom apartment, and free shuttle in the morning to the airport. You're best to contact the hotel directly, so, they are fully aware of your late arrival.

Take a look at the hotels on www.wotif.com/ and look up reviews. Just select Brisbane, and then once you get the results, choose 'Brisbane Airport' under 'All Destinations'.

kuwait
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Bisbane to Gold Coast

How much it will cost from brisbane international airport to GoldCoast?

I will in brisbane at 9:15pm and we are

2 adults

2 childers

4 luggages

Any suggestions?

kuwait
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Bisbane to Gold Coast

Anyone?

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Bisbane to Gold Coast

Conxion will provide transfer from airport to your hotel at G.C for about $150 for the four of you

Mount Isa, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from Bisbane to Gold Coast

Airport hotel- Pegasus Motor Inn they charge Roughly $175 per room. I stay here everytime i fly in and out of Brisbane. Would need to get a cab here though, its about 5-10mins from airport. It has an afterhours key box to pick up your key. Always very clean, and friendly when i go here.

Singapore
Level Contributor
237 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from Bisbane to Gold Coast

We took Conxion too from Brisbane to Gold Coast. Their counter is right infront after you exit to the main hall.

10. Re: Transport from Bisbane to Gold Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 03, 2014