We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shops near Crowne Plaza?

North Perth
Level Contributor
96 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Shops near Crowne Plaza?

Some reviews of the Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise indicate it is stuck in the middle of nowhere. I am staying there in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone knows how far to a shop for water etc. and reasonable restaurants.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
216 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shops near Crowne Plaza?

Catch a Bus down to pacific fair or the oasis shoppings centres. You could even walk (its about 2km). Loads and loads of restaurants around/ near oasis and also at pacific fair. North is surfers paradise and cavill avenue.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,005 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shops near Crowne Plaza?

There is a shell service station acrosss the road and a convenience store within a short walk. There is a revolving restaurant at the top and a bar and bistro at the base.

But yes this hotel is sort of in the middle between Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise. So bit of a each way bet in that regard. Most shops, restaurants, bars and nightclubs are concentrated in central Broadbeach or Surfers Paradise.

North Perth
Level Contributor
96 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shops near Crowne Plaza?

A convenience store! Excellent, just what I was looking for. Is it towards Surfers or Broadbeach direction?

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,005 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shops near Crowne Plaza?

A couple of blocks to the north is a little group of shops, but the Service Station across the road will have drinks and nibbles available at a reasonable cost.

Personally, I would go for a short drive/bus in Surfers or Broadbeach to Woolies/Coles/IGA and stock up.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
54 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shops near Crowne Plaza?

There is a bus stop literally right out the front. If you take the bus on the hotel side of the highway it will take you to the Broadbeach shops (Oasis) or Pacific Fair. If you take the bus stop across the road (outside the Shell) you will end up in Surfers. Its 'out of the way' as its not in Broadbeach and its not in Surfers. The beach is a 200m walk down the road and Surfers or Broadbeach isn't more than $15 away so don't be too concerned. The revolving restaurant is awful - but I'm not a lover of buffet at anytime so maybe its just me.

6. Re: Shops near Crowne Plaza?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 23, 2014