We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RetraVision resort vouchers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
RetraVision resort vouchers

Yes, I have the voucher also. It is a complete and total RIP OFF!! I made the decision (in part) to buy a more expensive telelvision based on the fact that I would receive a "$500 resort voucher". When I went to use it, I found out, it is totally useless. I tried to book a simple weekend - anywhere - Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, where ever. Everything I was quoted was ridiculously over-priced, and then I could only use $63 of the $500 voucher towards the weekend. I asked for an explanation as to what calculations are being used to decide that only $63 of the $500 could be applied? No explanation at all. And after I paid my share, it was still more expensive that I could have booked it myself directly with the resort. I asked how I could use this voucher without paying a huge amount of money in addition to the voucher -- not possible. So, basically they mark up the cost of the resort by 20% to 50%, then let you use PART of the voucher. I will not be purchasing anything at RetraVision again due to this outright fraud!

Mentioned in this post
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
Sunshine Coast
Sunshine Coast
Queensland, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa
#2 of 32 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Rhapsody Resort
Rhapsody Resort
#3 of 32 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Q1 Resort and Spa
Q1 Resort and Spa
#4 of 32 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RetraVision resort vouchers

This doesn't surprise me.

Not sure why you chose to post this on the Surfers Paradise forum seeing as you are from Brisbane and likely purchased the voucher there.

But whatever floats your boat.

Mentioned in this post
Surfers Paradise
Surfers Paradise
Gold Coast, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RetraVision resort vouchers

I posted it here because it was the only forum I could find that hadn't been taken down due to "inactivity" - probably by RetraVision. But since I posted this, I have made several phone calls to RetraVision Corporate and apparently, the attitude is a complete "we don't care - we're going out of business anyway". So that, as they say, is that. Live and learn.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RetraVision resort vouchers

Not sure what you mean by inactivity. The forum doesn't close - just the last post is closed once it reaches 6 months old. The Brisbane forum is quite active. Did you look there?

This post is very barely travel related in any case imho.

In closing, thanks for the heads up but =>

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Caveat emptor

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RetraVision resort vouchers

Most 'free holiday' vouchers offered by retailers come at a cost, usually top price for the goods purchased, and voucher value calculated at highest price resorts charge, and further restrictions on voucher use, but people are greedy for something 'free'.

Its nothing like rewards points where eventuuuaaaalllly you get a reward....at least they might be worthwhile if you dont pay any annual fees for rewards card, or start buying extra groceries/goods you dont need to accumulate more points.

Edited: 4:03 am, March 07, 2013
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RetraVision resort vouchers

Elizabeth.... We used cheques at the chevron towers in surfers ( 2 years ago).... 14 nights 2 bedroom in January normal price was $4500, with cheques I only paid $2500... that is 2 grand in my pocket... You need to do some ground work to get the most out of them! And I still have $1400 in vouchers left..

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RetraVision resort vouchers

While I was never tempted to buy anything more expensive, I viewed the resort vouchers as a bonus.

I booked a great holiday which we probably wouldn't have done otherwise and I found the savings to be quite good.

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RetraVision resort vouchers

I have used them several times and found that some places have offered really significant savings (Fiji, Perth, whitsundays) and other locations were little or no real savings (Sydney, Gold Coast, canberra).

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
8. Re: RetraVision resort vouchers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 26, 2014