We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone tried Santino's Pizza & Pasta before?

Singapore
Level Contributor
342 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone tried Santino's Pizza & Pasta before?

Saw a good deal on Groupon. Please share review for this restaurant if u have been there recently. Thanks!

Btw, is it convenient to go Tedder Ave from Cavill?

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone tried Santino's Pizza & Pasta before?

Tedder Avenue is in Main Beach - area just after Surfers Paradise. If you are driving, it will not take long, but, if you are catching the bus, it should not be difficult to get there either.

Were you asking about Tedder Avenue as a general question because Santino's is in Surfers Paradise. Main Beach offers some "upmarket" restaurants.

Edited: 4:08 am, July 28, 2012
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone tried Santino's Pizza & Pasta before?

Reviews for Santino's - tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g255072…

Singapore
Level Contributor
342 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone tried Santino's Pizza & Pasta before?

Thanks for replying! Santino is not at Tedder Ave. Just happened to read that this place have many chic cafes so thought of visiting if convenient. We will not be driving.

creswick, victoria...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone tried Santino's Pizza & Pasta before?

I used a Groupon at Santinos earlier in the week. The restauant was near empty but the waitress was reluctant to take us as we had no booking and the Groupon has been popular, I couldn't quite understand the logic with a near empty restaurant. Pizzas were ok though not much choice (3 varieties) and only tinned fruit salad for dessert.

I am staying at Main Beach, the eateries here are pricier but much nicer

Singapore
Level Contributor
342 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone tried Santino's Pizza & Pasta before?

I did not visit the eatery but has walked pass once during my stay last week. It was also empty despite the groupon offer. I think Domino pizza is a better bet. :-)

G B
Brisbane, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone tried Santino's Pizza & Pasta before?

Tried this place on a totally empty Monday evening this week They absolutely do not want you there if you have a Groupon voucher. We were sat opposite the owners and no kidding they stared at us the whole time with a not very nice expression on their faces, which was very creepy indeed. We felt as though we had done something wrong. Choice of food was ridiculous and very average with 2 half soggy pizzas and overcooked pasta on offer with pasta sauce that tasted like a greasy concoction of I don't know what. As stated by somebody else in these reviews dessert was cheap diced watery fruit. My wife stated it was the most creepy and unsettling experience that she has ever had at a restaurant in her life, to which I wholly agree. It has actually put me off buying another groupon as I don't see the point if the restaurant does not want you there in the first place. Our whole time at this place lasted 20 minutes and we managed to escape when some other poor unsuspecting couple arrived. If you want a creepy unsettling experience , buy a groupon and go there on a Monday evening!!! Seriously though, there are far better and cheaper places all around surfers. To give a restaurant the benefit of the doubt we usually go back at a later date to see if things have changed but this is the first place that I would never give a second chance.

Edited: 10:48 pm, August 14, 2012
7. Re: Anyone tried Santino's Pizza & Pasta before?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 16, 2013