We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach to propose

Reno, Nevada...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best beach to propose

I will be heading out on a three week vacation to Australia with my girlfriend in about 10 days. Our first stop is 5 nights in Surfers Paradise, where I plan to propose. I'm scouring the internet looking for places that would work well for this special occasion. Just curious if anybody knows of any beaches near Surfers that may be a little more secluded and romantic than the main beach? We are not planning on renting a car in this location, so I need somewhere that can be reached by mass transit or bicycle. I'm also open to suggestions if there are any other spots that someone can recommend besides a beach. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,159 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach to propose

I would catch a surfside bus to Burleigh Headland. It's not that far from Surfers.

It is a National Park and has a number of beautiful walks through the rainforest and quite a few beach look-outs along the way. They are spectacular in places.

You can't go wrong ;)

Good Luck. I will try to think of a few more options.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,159 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach to propose

seanscottphotography.com.au/…

Try to get there at Sunrise or Sunset.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,745 posts
1,768 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach to propose

My favourite places -

Palm Beach - bus.

Rainbow Beach - Coolangatta - bus.

Burleigh Headland - Burleigh - bus

Main Beach - Sheraton hotel Beach.

Mentioned in this post
Coolangatta
Coolangatta
Gold Coast, Australia
Main Beach
Main Beach
Gold Coast, Australia
Reno, Nevada...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach to propose

Thank you both very much for the info! I did some research based on your advice, and I think Burleigh headland would be a perfect spot. I truly appreciate your insight into this region, and am more excited than ever for our trip!

5. Re: Best beach to propose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:42 pm, June 21, 2013