We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family accommodation in September

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Family accommodation in September

Hi there

I was just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me some recommendations for 2 bedroom luxury spacious apartments in Surfers or Broadbeach that offer great outdoor pools, washing & dryer and car park etc. We are coming over for 6 nights (school holidays) and am finding all the choices overwhelming. We would really like a modern, clean complex up to about $200 per night.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help - it is muchly appreciated!! Karen

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family accommodation in September

Hi Karen

When are your school holidays? Do they coincide with ours?

Check out the Phonecian at Broadbeach, ( we had a one bedroom appartment which had everything and was spacious for the two of us)

I'm not sure what their rate is, though I imagine it could be quite expensive

(especailly a 2 bedroom) if you are talking our high season.

http://www.phoenician.com.au/

cheers

Jeff

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family accommodation in September

Thanks for your response Jeff. Yes our school holidays are the same as yours so it will be peak season. Funny you should mention the Phonecian as about 3 years old we stayed here on our previous visit to the Gold Coast. At the time there was a large building development taking place in front of it and the disruption was terrible considering the price paid and therefore we are reluctant to go there again. Any other suggestions?

Kind regards, Karen

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family accommodation in September

Hi Karen

Yes and I just read that there is more building works next door. When we stayed there, the view was great, not so now obviously.

Now in Surfers Paradise we stayed at the Crown Towers resort, it's a high rise though the room was spacious, had everything and it was only 5-10 minutes walk to the centre of Surfers. Nice pool, not as big as Phoneican pools.

www.crowntowersresort.com.au/apartments.htm

I will ask around my friends who regularly visit see if they have any ideas.

Cheers

Jeff

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family accommodation in September

Oh thanks heaps Jeff, that would be muchly appreciated! Karen

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family accommodation in September

Hi Karen

My friends have suggested the Mercure resort, as they say it is very child friendly with great pools and a kids club. I am not sure if that may be what you are looking for.

I stayed across the road in the Australis Hotel awhile back, and walked past the Mecure several times and it appeared to be very family orientated.

I haven't heard of anyhing else suitable, though I will let you know if I do.

regards

Jeff

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family accommodation in September

Also check out Sun City, it is in the same area as the Crown Towers,

outrigger.com/hotels_detail.aspx?hotel=31

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family accommodation in September

hi karen,

we stayed at sun city. it was great! has water slides, spas, nice pool. apartment(1 bedroom) was huge. i think all holiday apartments provide washer/dryers.

broadbeach...was told that the belle maison aprtments claim to be the most spacious in the area. here is the wotif link

www.wotif.com/Hotel.jsp…

do use the wotif site for links to many hotels and their location maps.

happy planning. june