We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Douglas for 8 days 7 nights

sydney
1 post
Save Topic
Port Douglas for 8 days 7 nights

Hi me and my partner are going to port douglas at the start of February for our 2 year anniverary, just wanted to know about which snorkelling, safari, and sky diving companys could be recommended and also wat the weather is like at that time?

we have booked at the rendevous resort on Port Douglas Road

just wanted to know what it was like and if it was close to shops and to the place to hire the scooters from??

thanks in advance!!!!1

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Douglas for 8 days 7 nights

Welcome and congratulations.

Start off with you accommodation.

Rendezvous Reef Resorts is located about a 5 minute drive to town, definately too far to walk and too hot. Witthout a car, there are shuttle buses that you can use, around $2.50 each way per person.

If using them on a regular basis,ask for a weekly pass, it may work out cheaper.

There are no shops in the vicinity, although a smallish complex is within walking distance where you can purchase great fish and chips, a bottle shop, a video shop and an eatery called OTZ, which is just great.The closest supermarket will be IGA, near the Rainforest Habitat, again too far to walk.

The Scooter Hire place is located near the town, you can ring them on arrival and they may a drop off service ( need to check that one, as I'm not sure) I couldn't find a website for them, but here's alink for details plazaportdouglas.com.au/port_douglas_motorbi…

Snorkelling, as per my previous post, if only snorkelling,then try Wavelengthm they are the snorkel experts,no divers on board and small group of 30. If thinking of an intro dive, then Wavelength is not the one, go for, Poseidon, Silversonic or HABA

A safari, I guess you mean a 4WD safari to the rainforest, try Tony's Tropical Tours. I've been on most and this one has the edge. Great guides, small numbers of 6 on board, great locations without the crowds and they include swimming in a great stream.

Sky Diving, you'll need to do from cairns,can't recommend any,as I haven't been, but someone may be able to add to all this.

2. Re: Port Douglas for 8 days 7 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Port Douglas