We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please, please help settle an argument........

London, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Please, please help settle an argument........

We were in PD in December of 2004. After a few drinks at Waterfront, swiftly followed by a lot more at the opening night of a new bar somewhere near our hotel, The Peninsula Boutique, we ended up lying on the beach at midnight looking up at the stars.

My “well travelled” brother who initially recommended that we spend time in Port Douglas insists that we were bonkers as we could have been attacked by crocks.

Is he barking mad or were we?

Thank you in advance for helping to solve this argument.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please, please help settle an argument........

I'm not sure what it is that I'm supposed to be solving here.....

If referring to be eaten alive by a croc on n the beach at midnight, well I'm sorry,but I've never seen a croc on 4 Mile Beach, at anytime, but that doesn't mean that I would sleep on the beach at midnight,although I have walked along the beach at 2 am.. and have also been down on the beach at midnight for a few parties...is that close enough...

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please, please help settle an argument........

id be more wooried about being drunk and asleep or half awake aware out in public!!!

London, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please, please help settle an argument........

Thanks Travelport, we worked on the basis that if there was a danger then most likely there would have been an awfully big sign warning us about wandering around on the beach after dark.

The only reason we started to question it was that over by 'Soul and Pepper' the small beach there had a sign up warning about Crocks.

Thanks again for your response. Wishing I was in PD and not in an office in London.

4. Re: Please, please help settle an argument........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 15, 2009