We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the weather like right now?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Whats the weather like right now?

Hey there coming to Port Douglas arriving 7th July. Coming from cold South Aust not sure what to pack. I've been keeping an eye on the temps last couple of weeks but still don't know what to expect. Do the nights get cool? Do you think I would be needing jeans or just stick to dresses, skirts, 3/4 pants and all short sleeves? Have not been to QLD before I suppose I'm expecting hot & humid! Any help appreciated thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the weather like right now?

The nights do cool down a little, a light cardigan for night time, people wearing long pants but the days have been beautiful, dresses, tshirts and shorts..

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats the weather like right now?

Thanks so much you've been great help :)

Daintree, Australia
Destination Expert
for Daintree
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats the weather like right now?

It depends what 'cool' means for you. For us living in the far north anything under 20C is cool! Forecast temp for tonight is 14C which is fairly normal for this time of year. The coldest night we've had in the 13 years we've lived here has been 7C but that is rare. Guests are often amused that we have small electric heaters in our bungalows ... but it's amazing how often they get used during our winter nights! But the days are just stunningly fabulous at the moment with clear blue skies and day-time temps in the mid-20's.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats the weather like right now?

Your weather is sounding perfect for me can't wait to feel some warm sun. our nights have been 1oC & days averaging about 14-15oC. Pretty sure I know what to pack now thank you. Look forward to visiting your part of Australia expecting it to be stunning :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats the weather like right now?

If you're expecting hot and humid you will be disappointed. However, you will thaw out! Mid 20s with strong winds - couldn't go out sailing to low isles this morning due to weather.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats the weather like right now?

thanks Colleen 2 more days and we're off :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
55 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats the weather like right now?

Forecast for rain today but haven't seen any at all. Basically it's the tropics and anything can happen!

8. Re: Whats the weather like right now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 09, 2014