We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daintree Itinerary - self drive - full day

Which Port Douglas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Daintree Itinerary - self drive - full day

Hi all,

I have hired a car with my wife and will be staying in Port Douglas for 5 days in early September. We plan on doing a DIY daintree/cape tribulation day trip. Can anyone sugest where we should stop off at? And for how long? An itinerary/suggestions/advice of a potential day of sightseeing/relaxing in the daintree would be great!

Cheers!

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Daintree Itinerary - self drive - full day

nope, the one on the left was the one, sunbird (fruit cages, orchard walk etc). they must have had an off day. it's not often we throw uneaten ice cream in the bin.

Daintree, Australia
Destination Expert
for Daintree
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Daintree Itinerary - self drive - full day

Oh sorry to hear that Lien - must admit it's been a while since our last visit.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,520 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Daintree Itinerary - self drive - full day

We were there last week and I have to agree with lien.

Ice cream was hard and icy - all pre packed, scooped into tubs and ready to sell.

I doubt that their fruit is all grown on the property. As I said earlier one of the flavours was blueberry and I doubt that there are too many blueberry farms in FNQ.

The staff there weren't too welcoming either. When we arrived, before we could even say a word we were given the spiel - 'ice cream comes in tubs with 4 flavours - that's it - $6 please.'

14. Re: Daintree Itinerary - self drive - full day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 08, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Port Douglas