We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yet another GBR question!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,194 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
yet another GBR question!

Will be in both Hamilton Island and Port Douglas in October. we want two different reef experiences (we will be snorkeling only).

we know we will take Wavelength out from PD. For the second, we don't know if we should take Fantasea to Reef World while in HI, or take a different one out of Cairns, such as Reef Magic.

Which would give us more variety in two tours out to the GBR?

i've also posted on HI forum.

thanks.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yet another GBR question!

anyone?

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
101 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yet another GBR question!

Fantasea run out of Airlie and HI.

From personal experience we have found Seaflight have superior service, food and friendly staff than Fantasea.

The down side is they run from Airlie and then Daydream, Hayman out to the reef.

Hope this helps

Kayte

Sydney
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: yet another GBR question!

I can recommend Quicksilver outer reef cruise. You can either snorkel or scuba, takes about 2 hours oneway from memory, but its something you'll never forget.

They also have a mini submarine and a helipad if your interested in seeing that kind of thing.

Oh, and the best thing I can remember was the buffet lunch they put on.... FANTASTIC!!

Pretty sure they dock at both Port Douglas and Cairns terminals.

http://www.quicksilver-cruises.com/

4. Re: yet another GBR question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, October 21, 2012