We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying in Daintree Nat Park with a 5 & 8 year old

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
staying in Daintree Nat Park with a 5 & 8 year old

Is it a good idea to stay in the rainforest with kids - whom may get bitten by spiders,e tc.

Can anyone advise on where to stay in the rainforest (or Cape Trib) for a couple of nights with children - most places seem to be adult only (is that because they don't like kids or are they a liability with the bugs).

Level Contributor
712 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying in Daintree Nat Park with a 5 & 8 year old

The no kids policy has nothing to do with bugs....When you are a top resort advertising peace and tranquilty - at $500 a night the last thing you want to hear are the noises of little kiddos. The marketing ploy now is couples and serenity.

There are still great accommodations in Daintree for families with kids - my fav pick would be Daintree Heritage Lodge! Very family friendly and not to worry, there are not vicious spiders just waiting in the lurk for some tasty small children. Be wise and educate your kids about the environment they are about to visit. You are more likely to get hit by a bus than to get bitten by rainforest residents.

Enjoy this wonderful place.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying in Daintree Nat Park with a 5 & 8 year old

Thanks fish person,

I will have another look at Daintree Heritage. Your reply made me laugh alot. I've visited rainforest (Malaysian style) a few times but before I had my kids so it should be fun with them.