We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas - Krystal Transport

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas - Krystal Transport

I've found another coach transfer company on the net called Krystal Transport http://www.krystaltransport.com.au/ which seem to be cheaper than Coral reef and Sunpalm. Krystal are only charging $60 return (others $66-$72). Has anyone used these before - just a little weary as I dont recall seeing them before on our last visit.

Port Douglas
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas - Krystal Transport

Hi Tony...yes, they have been around for a little while, they are just a smaller operator and use mini vans as oppose to the larger coaches. Have not heard anything negative about them.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas - Krystal Transport

Umm, is this post for real, or is it really just advertising a company???

One time first poster who says he has been before, but has he???? Funny no posts ever on TA....

Edited: 6:56 am, January 14, 2011
Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas - Krystal Transport

Thanks AnnaJay for the reply, I'll try them out.

To lifetravellerbrissy .. yes I have been before, several times since mid 1990's but never seen Krystal before. I apologise if it looks like an advert but what else could I do to ask information before I parted with my cash?

As they're not showing on Tripadvisor I'll post a report after I've used them.

Thanks again AnnaJay.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
231 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas - Krystal Transport

no matter who you choose hang onto your seat,they all drive like peter brock once they get on the ocean road. we hire a car these days its not as nerve racking.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas - Krystal Transport

Don't bother with these guys. Pay the extra $6 and go with one of the major transfers. The vans are filthy, hot and these guys aren't organised.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas - Krystal Transport

Have to agree with the last poster. Just pay a few more dollars and go with the larger operators.

reneeaus
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas - Krystal Transport

Or if you don't want to pay the extra $6 (like us), make sure you put your seatbelt on and don't sit near the front! Our driver sped and tailgated a poor little car all the way along the Ocean Road. However we made it to Port Douglas & back in one piece so all's well that ends well.

Krystal's vans are a bit on the old side (waist seatbelts were a bit of a concern as mine was not adjustable so was way too loose - was worried I would go straight out the front window if we crashed). However, the driver was friendly, shuttle was on-time, and they got us from A to B for a reasonable price.

burlingame
Level Contributor
98 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas - Krystal Transport

Don't know about Krystal but we used Sunpalm. I pre-paid a round trip from Cairns to Port Douglas and when we arrived in Cairns I was told that there was no record of my payment. So I had to pay again and wait until I got home to complain. It took about 2 months for Sunpalm to refund my double payment. Otherwise the drive was fine- no excessive speeding.

Port Douglas...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas - Krystal Transport

ummm!! Lifetraveler, I am a bit suprised at your haste in judging not only the poster but also Krystal, whoever they are. I have lived in Port Douglas for many years and only heard about Krystal 3 days ago!!! On that basis alone I recomended my guests(Note no mention of my business name!!) not use them. Just because the poster hadn't heard of them doesn't mean his/her character should be called into question. Having travelled extensively in my life, suprise, suprise this is my first post on TA!! Hopefully, you, being a destination expert would not let bias and suspicion taint your advice to travelers. As for Krystal, it's the age old traveller advice, isn't it, you get what you pay for!!! Go figure!

10. Re: Transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas - Krystal Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:53 pm, January 22, 2013