We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in FNQ

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
66 posts
21 reviews
Wedding in FNQ

We are looking to get married in October this year and are keen to do it somewhere in Port Douglas or around that area. Has anyone had their wedding there or attended someone elses there and can pass on some advice or thoughts (good or bad?). Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,619 posts
204 reviews
1. Re: Wedding in FNQ

Sheraton Mirage has a wedding chapel. it has beautiful views out to the ocean. However..the brides are whisked past the pool on the back of a golf cart between the people in their swimwear. The little girls stand outside the roped of area and admire the wedding party. hotel guests wander in and out as photos are taken, often oblivious to what is going on.

I've also seen some weddings down in the little church in the park. it too has nice views over the ocean. To me it has a nicer ambience. there are some great restaurants nearby for receptions and you can still arive by car.

i'm sure others have more ideas, just a few thoughts...

australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Wedding in FNQ

Some one I know got married at a luxury Villa called Villa Empat Puluh Dua on the Hill overlooking the town, mountains and coral sea.

Joe south yarra australia

jlw
London, UK
4 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Wedding in FNQ

Have you tried australian dream weddings? Their website is www.australianwedding.com. They do weddings in Port Douglas on the 4 mile beach. I am getting married in Port Douglas on August 6th and Michelle (from this company) is organising things for me. Really helpful. I don't want to get married on a public beach so I rented a nice house on a more secluded beach (www.tropicalretreats.com) and am having the ceremony there. Just some ideas... good luck!

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Wedding in FNQ

we attended a wedding at the radisson in Jan 2003 in their 'treetop' venue. Not really a treetop, more a wooden room off of a walkway, but still nice. I think they did a package that covered the ceremony/meal etc

The little church in Port Douglas (St Marys??) is beautiful and right next to the ocean, although there was a playground/park nearby so expect an audience.

hope this helps, good luck.

Australia
1 post
2 reviews
5. Re: Wedding in FNQ

Go to these websites - www.tropicalretreats.com.au or www.executiveretreats.com.au

There is a holiday home called Bali Hai. It is a paradise. Great place to get married. Very romantic.