We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nautilus Restaurant

Which Port Douglas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall, UK
Level Contributor
237 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Nautilus Restaurant

Whilst in Port Douglas for our four night stay early November, we are hoping to dine at The Nautilus Restaurant. We have heard that this is a popular restaurant so should we book now from the UK or could we leave it until we arrive in Sydney a week prior to our trip to PD? Are there any other suggestions for alternative restaurants if we are unable to get a reservation!

Thanks....

Cornish

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nautilus Restaurant

Hi

Lucky you - i wish i was going to P/D again. You HAVE to eat at " ON THE INLET" its overlooking Dickson inlet & views across to Cape Tribulation. GREAT FOOD & SUPERB VIEWS. This was one of the best restaurants we ate at while in P/D.

Have a fab time cornish.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,713 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nautilus Restaurant

You should be fine to book once you arrive in Sydney but you could book now from the UK if you want to amke a specific request...

I like the food at La Marina but it doesn't have a special atmosphere..it is nice though being on the waterfront...

The other really great restaurant is not far from Zeus iand Salsa in an old Queenslander (has a verandah on the front..travelport?)... the name has disappeared.....

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nautilus Restaurant

Hi all,

The one with the veranda on the front is Catalina.

Must admit it's been years since I've been there ( it was great then) but I can't really comment on the food now as I believe they have new chefs,perhaps even new owners as they've been trying to sell for a while.

All the ones mentioned are very good, but don't miss out on the chance at Nautilus, you won't be disappointed.

Praslin Island...
Level Contributor
250 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nautilus Restaurant

Everyone has been telling you about other restaurants, so I will stick to Nautilus. Yes, it is THE restaurant in town and is known world wide (due to the celebreties who dined at the restaurant, eg. Bill Clinton). In November you should not have a problem to book on a short notice, however I would HIGHLY recommend to book ahead from Sydney. You might find out that they are closed on certain days (November is low season) or for a certain part of the month.

It is a wonderful restaurant in a spectacular setting. Remember that November can be very hot and humid and there might be mosquitos around. Nautilus is all outside, no A/C or so.

But you will enjoy this unique experience!!!

Level Contributor
37 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nautilus Restaurant

Im so jealous!

We dined a Nautilus on our honeymoon back in 98. It was the highlight of our stay in PD. Had a great meal at Salsa too(but it dont know if it still exists) What a magical stay you will have!!

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nautilus Restaurant

We dine at Nautilus on our first and last night of each stay every few months.We only book a few days in advance.

Send them an email of the date you wish to dine and they will look after you.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nautilus Restaurant

Take a fat wallet!

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nautilus Restaurant

Put a smile on my face, early this morning...Yes, as Lockie mentions.... a fat wallet is advisable, but the experience of dining there is truly rewarding.

Cornwall, UK
Level Contributor
237 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nautilus Restaurant

Thanks everyone for the info..... From what I can gather we will have to take a fat wallet but I'm sure the experience will be well worth the expense!!

Our forthcoming five week trip to Sydney, Port Douglas and Uluru is something we have never experienced before, so every additional cost (and we probably will have quite a few throughout the trip) will just have to be found !!!!!! Not sure where but will be.... Only six weeks to go now and with most of the itinerary sorted, I can't wait..... Talk about wishing your life away!!!

Get answers to your questions about Port Douglas