We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttles from Cairns Airport to City

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central Coast
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttles from Cairns Airport to City

Travelling to Cairns thursday, we will need a shuttle for 5 from airport to the city.

Are they readily available straight off the plane at the Airport?

Or do we need to book it with the hotel?

cairns
Level Contributor
519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttles from Cairns Airport to City

Hi

Yes you can shuttle from airport , not sure on price .

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttles from Cairns Airport to City

I'd say a maxi-taxi for 5 people will almost certainly be cheaper than a shuttle.

I can't recall the exact rates, but I remembered when i did the calcs sometime last year it worked out that way. I think a shuttle was about half a normal taxi fare.

Edited: 12:42 am, January 15, 2014
Queensland
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttles from Cairns Airport to City

For 5 people definitely wait in the taxi queue for a taxi van. You will only pay the meter fare which is around $25 to the city (15 minute ride) and they come around very often. Taxis in Cairns are a combination of vans (8 passengers) or cars (4 passengers) so just wait and let others go ahead of you until a van turns up, it won't be long at all, or ask a taxi driver in the queue to request a van if you don't see one, they will be happy to get one and the taxi holding bay is 20 seconds away from the stand so should turn up immediately. For a shuttle company you will pay per person and will end up costing MUCH more than a taxi van and you may need to wait for other passengers to collect luggage and do hotel drop offs. Taxi in this case will be much cheaper and faster. Note, like many airports there is a $3 taxi surcharge for airport pick ups but this will still be the better option for 5 people.

4. Re: Shuttles from Cairns Airport to City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 17, 2015