We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy in December?? GreatAdventures??

Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How busy in December?? GreatAdventures??

I am looking at a reef trip in december, just before christmas, and i was wondering how busy it is likely to be?

and does anyone have any idea/information about Greatadventures green is/reef day trip.

i like the look of it, but have also been told not to go with a bigger operator. but we want a short snorkel, and then we want other things to do, such as underwater obs, semi sub and the island trip too. are there any other operators that have a similar package, with island and outer reef trip? we like the pontoon idea, simply because it allows something other than snorkelling/diving from the boat only.

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How busy in December?? GreatAdventures??

Hiya

You might try Reef Magic as well - they're a smaller boat, but they go to a pontoon and have other activities. Great Adventures is the only boat that I know of that goes to Green Island, although there are other operators like Ocean Spirit Crusies that stop at Upolu and Michaelmas Cay (small sand islands).

Reef Magic sounds like they'd suit your needs best though.

December will be busy - you should book a few days in advance just to be sure.

2. Re: How busy in December?? GreatAdventures??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:12 am, July 06, 2006
3. Re: How busy in December?? GreatAdventures??

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
53 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How busy in December?? GreatAdventures??

We went with Great Adventures in May, they had a special where you could do a full day reef trip and Green Island half day trip free.

But I found Green Island a bit of a waste of time, small island, some walks to do, a swimming pool, snorkelling (but we were doing a full day the next day so didn't bother) and a semi-submarine tour. You can stay on Green Island if you wish.

Great Adventures reef trip was good, lovely big boat, and pontoon, lovely meals. The we went with Reef Magic the next day, boat was not quite so nice, but staff was terrific with plenty of information on what the trip offered.

Both operators offer an underwater observatory (5 minutes long enough for me), semi sub (they're good, about a 15-20 min trip), but you will have heaps of time to snorkel. Reef Magic give you much longer out on the reef than Great Adventures.

ReefReef Magic do an Adventure Snorkel tour where you go further out on the reef by boat and return with a marine biologist who gives a very informative tour on the outer reef. This is only for confident swimmers only, and I thoroughly recommend this guided trip. Helicopter trips are also available with both operators.

5. Re: How busy in December?? GreatAdventures??

Removed on: 8:26 am, July 06, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How busy in December?? GreatAdventures??

hey bibi07

What's going on? Why didn't you hire from minicarrentals@bigpond.com as most of your other posts advise how good they are.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How busy in December?? GreatAdventures??

HeySsurfoz

I wonder if bibi007 from Nelson Bay NSW might be a relative of Megagmary of London who revealed him/herself to be a rental consultant from Cairns Older Car Rentals and got all of their posts removed by TA.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How busy in December?? GreatAdventures??

Hey aussie, makes you wonder hey.

Cheers

9. Re: How busy in December?? GreatAdventures??

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How busy in December?? GreatAdventures??

Gee Maggie (otherwise known as Dagwood2005 of Brisbane)

Thats the pot calling the kettle black if ever I heard it.

How is life at Cairns Older Car Rental. You guys really abuse the system using a travel forum to advertise your businesses for free. I hope anyone reading this gives both Cairns Older Car Rentals and Mini Car Rentals of Cairns a BIG miss. Use a reputable company instead travellers not someone who tries to hoodwink (want to use a much stronger word but can't) by pretending to be a fellow tourist.