We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Reunion Trip

LosAngeles
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Family Reunion Trip

, I am looking at setting up a family reunion trip during the U.S. summertime late June, July or early August in 2007. There will be about 25-35 people with kids as young as 11, many teenagers and young adults, and parents in the 40's &50's. We really want to do some great snorkeling for multiple days during that time. I was looking at a 4-day north bound GBF Coral Princess Cruise, the 6-nightCoral Princess Cape York Cruise, or the Captain Cook 4-day north GBF cruise, or the Captain Cook 7-night Cape York cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions about June, July or August? Also, which cruise line (Coral Princess or Captain Cook) and the 4 day north bound GBF or the 6/7 day Cape York? Do you think the cruise for this group is a good idea? If not the cruise then what resort during that timeframe for good snorkeling and weather? Since this is such a large group, I know I need to get working on it now. Thank you.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Reunion Trip

Can'tt help out with the cruises,but I do agree that if looking for accommodation with such a large group you should start to look around.

I would suggest that you look at somewhere in Port Douglas, this is the closest point to the Outer Reef and also very close to The Daintree Rainforest.

The village caters for all age groups,with a good variety of restaurants and activities for all ages.

If you do decide on accommodation in Port Douglas, let me know a rough nightly budget for accommodation and I may be able to make suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Port Douglas
Port Douglas
Queensland, Australia
2. Re: Family Reunion Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 15, 2009