We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature?

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tasmania
Level Contributor
111 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Temperature?

Hi all,

I'm getting just a little excited about my first trip to Cairns/Port Douglas in 3 weeks time!!

I'm sitting here in Tassie, and although it is a cloudless, beautiful day, i'm freezing my butt off (top of 13 degrees today!)

So, i just wanted to get more excited by asking 'what is the temperature there today'?? And what does it drop down to overnight??

I feel like i should be packing every jumper/jacket i own, but hoping i won't need to!

Have a great day everyone . . .

Cheers

Lyn

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Temperature?

Hi Lyn,

Cairns is presently reading a very comfortable 24.7 degrees, it was expected to reach 27, but the sea breezes are keeping it slightly cooler.

Overnight at the moment around 20 degrees.

No need for jumpers and coats, a light jacket will do fine, a pair of jeans incase and togs and towel.....

Tasmania
Level Contributor
111 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temperature?

Hi travelport,

A pair of jeans - in case!! Ohhh, that sounds like a dream!! I can't actually imagine only 20 degrees overnight! I'm going to be in heaven . . .

Thanks for adding the extra excitement to my day! On the countdown for Cairns now!

Cheers

Lyn

Daintree, Australia
Destination Expert
for Daintree
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temperature?

Hi Lyn,

It's 6pm and I'm just preparing dinner and the temperature in the kitchen of our tropical Daintree valley home (not many windows, mostly insect-screens) is still 25 deg. As Travelport says, overnight it'll go down to about 20 (which is actually quite cool for us!!!) but the days are lovely now that the heavy rain has (hopefully!) finished - usually mid- to high 20's. Everything is looking fantastic after our best wet season for years - lush and green and all the creeks and waterfalls are running.

Yes, just bring light summer clothes with perhaps a jacket and pair of jeans. I'm sure you'll have a ball!

Cheers - Daphne

4. Re: Temperature?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, August 14, 2009