We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skydiving - Cairns or Sydney

Panaji
13 posts
Save Topic
Skydiving - Cairns or Sydney

Hi,

I will be travelling to Australia starting from 10th Dec - 21 Dec covering Melbourne,Cairns and Sydney. Having teenage children we would like to include Skydiving to our activity list .

- CAn you help me in recommending a good and reputable skydiving company ?

- And whcih of the places would you recommed we do it - Cairns or Sydney ?

Many Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,763 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skydiving - Cairns or Sydney

All skydiving companies in Aus are heavily regulated, licensed and reputable. So from that perspective it is safe to choose any.

How old are the teenagers ? Are you aware the legal limit is 14 for a tandem and 16 for a solo ? If they are older then no probs.

Panaji
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Skydiving - Cairns or Sydney

Any particular one that has a good review history ?

My kids are all above 16 and would prefer tandem dive.

Also , do I choose Cairns or Sydney - any perspective on that ?

Many thanks

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skydiving - Cairns or Sydney

I don't know a lot about the Sydney skydive so I can't pass comment but I do know a little about Cairns.

The positives about jumping in Cairns is the climate, you can jump in shorts and t-shirt and you get an unbelieveable view over the reef and rainforest, especially if you choose the Mission Beach jump location which have transfers from Cairns and you get to actually land on the beach. Australian Skydive Company (jump locations Cairns, Palm Cove and Mission Beach) and Tandem Cairns (jump location Innisfail near Cairns) are the two companies that operate here and are both highly regarded and will pick you up from your accomodation.

I know the Australian Skydive Company let you switch between locations, ie if you book for Cairns and have a weather cancellation you are then able to jump in Sydney, which may be of use for you to avoid missing out

If you want to book in advance a google search will bring up loads of options so shop around

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skydiving - Cairns or Sydney

A few I would suggest starting with from a quick search:

www.skydivecairns.com.au

www.bookme.com.au

www.everythingcairns.com

Or your local accomodation provider on arrival

Hope this helps

Ants

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,833 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skydiving - Cairns or Sydney

Sydney Skydive is out towards Picton (farmland and some housing estates) and you can expect an hour each way if you are staying in the city.

I'd jump in Cairns (assuming the location has the views promised)

6. Re: Skydiving - Cairns or Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 17, 2013