We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's happened to Pepper's Links in Port Duglas?

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,246 posts
Save Topic
What's happened to Pepper's Links in Port Duglas?

Will anyone tell me why Pepper's Links in Port Duglas has changed its name, please? The name of that accomodation for golfers and tourists as well has turned out, on the Website, to be Mantra links.

Does that mean a buy-out or merger thing between rival companies?

Is a round of golf still enjoyable up there?

Got any hearsay? Thanks!

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's happened to Pepper's Links in Port Duglas?

Peppers sold out to the Mantra chain, who is also part of the Breakfree Resorts among others.From what I understand, Breakfree Resorts are the bottom end of the market,whilst Mantra is more the top end of the market(higher star ratings)

The golf course was sold off to Sea Temple who have also their new resort in Port Douglas due to open on the 1st May.

A round of golf is still available for anyone and the grounds look fantastic although most locals are finding it too expensive to now play there(since bought by Sea Temple, prices have increased greatly) and are now playing at Mossman Golf Club,leaving the Sheraton Country Club and Sea Temple to guests.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What's happened to Pepper's Links in Port Duglas?

Forgot to mention, perhaps email Sea Temple, you may be able to get package deals, accomm. and golf.

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,246 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's happened to Pepper's Links in Port Duglas?

Thanks a lot, travel port

I stayed at Pepper's two years ago and had a great experience in golf and hospitality as well. And I was thinking of the possibility of playing rounds of golf again somewhere down the road.

Sad to know locals are kinda staying away from there. Seems like theirs is a 'if you'd like to have fun playing golf, you gotta stay'-like policy.

But the great surroundings remain as they are at least, I reckon.

Thank you again for your great tip.