We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passions of Paradise

Indiana
Level Contributor
814 posts
443 reviews
Save Topic
Passions of Paradise

I thought this is worth noting for people looking where to go. The company lost a diver.

kansascity.com/2011/06/28/2981322/tour-boat-…

I did not visit this tour operator, but thought this should be posted.

Edited: 9:18 pm, June 29, 2011
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Passions of Paradise

Thank you Profguy for posting this for people to read. These days part of my holiday research always involves doing a search on tripadvisor. Even if this post just reminds people not to wander off during a reef tour it's worth while.

Regardless of anyone's personal opinion about the company and how the media has reacted to what happened, the fact is Passions of Paradise left someone swimming on the reef.

They took him out by boat and left him there, that is 100% inexcusable.

Australian Capital...
Level Contributor
16 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Passions of Paradise

I was on this tour boat this month and can confirm that they did a roll call very thoroughly and then a total head count. Obviously very careful now about a repeat of the event

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
288 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Passions of Paradise

Honestly,

Ridiculous that this is brought up again after such a long time, investigated fully and anyone who has been to Michaelmas Cay KNOWS he wasn't stranded (and people forget he went back in the water after being told not to AND was in an area that he shouldn't have been). If you were there you would know the story was very different to the circus that was portrayed.

BrisbaneNewDad- You are correct, they are very very careful about all of their headcounts and safety precautions- and is also why they have won some many outstanding awards and have such exceptional customer service. Passions of Paradise offer an exception experience and have exceptional staff. My boat of choice each and everytime.

Indiana
Level Contributor
814 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Passions of Paradise

impickles ... you should not have responded. This person was providing a compliment and saying that the problem seems to have been fixed. Your universal endorsement of Passions of Paradise in your posts clearly draws your credentials as an objective expert into question. You should never defend leaving a diver behind. Feel free to disclose your employer and I doubt people would be very comfortable patronizing that establishment given your "attitude" towards the safety of your customers.

Edited: 11:43 am, September 01, 2012
Indiana
Level Contributor
814 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Passions of Paradise

To show I have no vendetta against Passions of Paradise (unlike someone who blindly supports them), this link to an article shows that Passions of Paradise did the right thing. According to this article they admitted their error and fired the employee who caused the problem. Good for them and they deserve credit for taking the proper course of action. The appropriate course of action whenever you make a mistake is to admit, apologize and fix. Denial makes matters worse. Cudoos to PoP.

Article

couriermail.com.au/ipad/diver-left-behind-se…

Letter of Apology from PoP

…blogspot.com/-RX--icTIB5A/…2Bletter.jpg

Edited: 11:52 am, September 01, 2012
Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
288 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Passions of Paradise

Profguy- Not blind support......Just know a great product and have been on many many trips on many boats in the area - And know my PERSONAL choice. And I also endorse Ocean Free as well.

btw- Snorkeler is different to a diver.

Edited: 10:59 pm, September 01, 2012
37. Re: Passions of Paradise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, December 15, 2013