We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passions of paradise tour

perth
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
passions of paradise tour

was just having a look at different diving tours and thought passions of paradise looked quite good, anyone know anything about it? or been on it? coz i really dont want to make a bad choice. If anyone has any other suggestions for snorkelling tours which arent too expensive that would be great too.

Level Contributor
712 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passions of paradise tour

Passions Of Paradise is a good organization - they have a new sailing catamaran and is quite good value. Many of the value operators in Cairns use old 'not so nice' boats, thus the reason they can charge budget rates. But Passions is running this new boat, fun fun crew - now they do cater to younger and backpacker client base and offer a really fun party atmosphere...so if a nice peaceful day is what you are looking for, you may select another operator in town like Ocean Spirit. Passions are charging under $100 AUD for a day of snorkelling, and I think Ocean Spirit is running around the same for their Upolo Cay trip. One you may wish to skip is Compass - boat is as old as they come and the slowest one out there. If you want small numbers and superior snokel sites for $130 A per person you can hop on Tusa Dive, Cairns top day dive operators. They will motor two hours and actually take you to the Great Barrier Reef for the day. (most of these low cost boats do not actually go to the reef, but stop at the local sand cays for the day) The extra $30A a person will really make a difference in the quality of the snorkel - the boats are flash stuff, hold only 25 passengers on a 75 ft boat + crew.

www.tusadive.com.......they include a great lunch and hotel pick ups from Cairns city hotels. Enjoy your day on the reef!

perth
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: passions of paradise tour

thanks so much, yeah i was looking at tusa dive too, i think we'll prob go with that one, thanks heaps!!

durban South Africa
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passions of paradise tour

i have been on most of the reef trips out of Cairns and Port douglas and can say that Passions is one of the best. snoekelling at Paradise reef and upolo Cay is amazing. the lunch was also fantastic and the crew are the best and funniest i have ever encountered