We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reef Trip

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Reef Trip

Hi,

We will be in Cairns in May and I was considering an evening dinner cruise on Ocean Spirit IV for our 25th wedding aniversary. Any feedback on this trip?

We also want to see the reef, neither of us are good swimmers so I was looking at Great Adventures Green Island & Reef adventure as they say they have semi-sub underwater viewing and the trip to the island. Any advise welcome (I may try snorkeling if I feal brave on the day!)

London
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Reef Trip

Def do Green Island over a pontoon, do take the snorkling gear (only a few dollars) and just go off the beach and go as far and as long as you feel comfortable with, I was off just a few metres and saw a turtle so you'll def see wildlife. We went to the beach on the far side from where you get off and it was perfect.

The submarine alot of them have are great - take some water we had a trip in April and then it was really hot. Best way to view whats out there in the water.

2. Re: Reef Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 29, 2009