We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stradbroke island accommodation

Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
stradbroke island accommodation

I am visiting Brisbane and planning to go to North Stradbroke Island for 3 days can anyone give me information about accommodation please? not backpackers bit too old for that,it dosent have to be flashy 5 star just clean and comfortable. I have checked out accommodation sites but I was hoping some one could give me some first hand information .

Maureen

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stradbroke island accommodation

Hi Maureen

What is your budget? Do you prefer to be near the beach or prefer to be further up the hill with views?

cheers

Jeff

Brisbane
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: stradbroke island accommodation

My husband & I stayed at Domain last Sept for our anniversary. It's one of the newer apartments/cabins on the island. It has good and bad comments from us. It's located closer to Point Lookout, then to Amity Point or the Ferry.

We would not pay full price to stay here - not worth it. I would check out wotif.com to get a deal.

Good points - New! Clean! Good cafe! Close to Cylinder Beach! The Bowling Club next door offers great meals, for the price. Self-contained apartments.

Bad points - Each cabin is very close to the neighbours and privacy is very limited when blinds are open. Plants and trees hadn't grown up. You need to drive to Point Lookout and just about anywhere else on the island (other than the Cylinder beach). The bathroom would be extremely hot in Summer and is located downstairs in the cabin - bedroom upstairs. There is no lounge chair to relax in, just a long bench seat which is not comfortable to watch the TV. We put the seat cushions on the floor in the end for watching movies.

As for other places to stay, I would recommend trying to get a house or a B&B. Point Lookout is just beautiful and gets lovely breezes and has a few beaches to choose from. Amity Point is lower lying (bit of a swamp), but good for fishing. It really depends on what you're looking to do when there.

Hope this helps. North Stradbroke is lovely! Enjoy

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stradbroke island accommodation

Try raywhite website for some homes

www.raywhite.com.au

look for rentals at point lookout

Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stradbroke island accommodation

Jeff

I thought if I allowed up to $120 /130 per night . I dont have any preference as to the beach or Hillside. We will take our car over to get around. Would like to be able to walk to a pub or club, fishing is thirsty work. We do a lot of walking so it dosent have to be next door just within 2 klms.

Thanks Maureen

Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stradbroke island accommodation

Solmanic

thank you for your comments, I was looking at this one but I may consider other options sometimes the flashy looking ones may not be the best choice. Our main aim is to enjoy the island ,accommodation only has to be clean and well maintained and sometimes the old fashioned cabins can be just as good .

Not shy .Thank you I will check out your suggestion.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stradbroke island accommodation

Hi Maureen

I suggest you have a look at Anhorage Village, it is a bit further away from the point however it is only a short walk to the bowls club or Locals bar for a meal. It is beachfront accom, no roads to cross and there is great fishing off the beach or Adder Rock.

anchorage.stradbrokeresorts.com.au/Home.html

The place I do recommend, the views are awesome is The Barns. It may be a bit more than your budget, it is often booked, it is very cosy and near the point. ( If yo happen to be there during whalewatching time, in my opinion this is the best property to view from)

www.holidayrentals.com.au/single_prop.asp…

7. Re: stradbroke island accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 22, 2009