We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local weather at the moment please

wellington
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Local weather at the moment please

Hi, I need advice from a local , or traveller in Brissy at the moment please.

We arrive the 24th of this month and I need to know what cltohing to bring to suit the weather. We are a couple and a 1 year old baby, flying Virgin so no baggage allowance for Bubs, and wanting to pack light anyway.

How many layers are needed, and an exampe of what please,

thanks it will help heaps,

we are in NZ, so will be warmer than the locals

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Local weather at the moment please

G'day,

It is warmer than normal at the moment. Apparently 4 or 5 degrees above average. But normally August is windy with westerly winds. But so far, these haven't arrived.

During the day you can easily get away with wearing shorts and t shirts or jeans. But you will need a jacket for the afternoons and something warm for night. If you are keen you can bring the togs. People have started to swim.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local weather at the moment please

Average Brisbane August temps are 10-22°C but it is up to 25° at the moment. So it is warm during the day but cool at night and bub will need some warm clothes at night. NZ is freezing in comparison so you will find it much warmer here and better.

wellington
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local weather at the moment please

Thanks guys, thats what I thought, can't wiat, we did have 14 yesterday, felt very spring like...

4. Re: Local weather at the moment please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, August 12, 2009