We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane and Cairns planned itinerary

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manresa, Spain
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Brisbane and Cairns planned itinerary

We have planned the following itinerary for our holidays in Queensland next August. Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As international flights are booked, number of days, arrival city (Brisbane) and departure city (Sydney) are fixed.

Day 1 - Evening arrival in Brisbane (night-Brisbane)

Day 2 - Brisbane (night-Brisbane)

Day 3 - (Rent a car) and driving to Noosa through Sunshine Coast (night-Noosa)

Day 4 - Fraser Island Tour from Noosa (night-Noosa)

Day 5 - Maleny, Montville, Mooloolaba (night-Mooloolaba)

Day 6 - Morning flight to Cairns. (Rent a car). Driving to Port Douglas (night-Port Douglas)

Day 7 - Daintree - Cape Tribulation (night-Port Douglas)

Day 8 - Barrier Reef (night-Port Douglas)

Day 9 - Relax Four MIle Beach and surroundings (night-Port Douglas)

Day 10 - Atherton Tablelands (night-Port Douglas)

Day 11 - Morning in Cairns. Flight to Sydney (night-Sydney)

Day 12 - Sydney (night-Sydney)

Day 13 - Flight departure

I am also posting it in Cairns forum.

Thanks for any comment!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane and Cairns planned itinerary

Is there a reason you have a night in Mooloolaba instead of staying three nights in Noosa?

If your flight to Cairns (from Brisbane airport I presume?) is very early, I think I would go all the way back to Brisbane from Noosa the night before, and stay at an airport hotel. That way you don't have the stress of peak-hour traffic into the city with a flight to catch.

Manresa, Spain
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane and Cairns planned itinerary

We have not still booked the flight to Cairns. No need to book a very early one. The reason to choose Mooloolaba was to be closer to the airport, but maybe a third night in Noosa would be a better choice. Thanks for your comment!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisbane and Cairns planned itinerary

Maleny is beautiful and worth a visit, as is caloundra/mooloolaba. I agree that noosa is worth a longer stay though.

Also I would highly recommend that you visit mossman gorge while in the daintree. It's beautiful and a lovely place to relax

4. Re: Brisbane and Cairns planned itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 19, 2015