We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids friendly places

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
Save Topic
Kids friendly places

Hello, I'm bringing my young ones (4 & 5 yr old) to brisbane in june and now prepping up the itinerary. Would like some help on accommodation and activities apart from the normal touristy places. Also places to eat!! Many thanks in advance.

Day 1 Australia zoo

Day 2 Farm stay at Maleny

Day 3 Farm stay at Maleny

Day 4 Strawberry field in Palmview and Ginger factory Yandina.

Day 5 Morgan's seafood and Lone Pine sanctuary

Day 6 Brisbane???

Day 7 Yatala Pie and Mount Tambourine? Glow worms?

Day 8 Kooromba Vineyard and Lavender Farm??

Day 9 Gold Coast?

Thanks for all the help!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids friendly places

Your itinerary looks great, lucky kids!

I would add the Queensland Museum at Southbank to your list for sure. It has really good displays and activities for kids that age. Right next door is the Gallery of Modern Art, which also can be fun for that age group, and also right next to it is the State Library, which often runs song and story events in the kids section.

There is also the Queensland Gallery, but they might be a little young for that.

There are several cafes run by the complex, and it is quite pretty, being next to the. Brisbane River.

brisbane
Level Contributor
227 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids friendly places

I'd suggest a hotel at Southbank Brisbane (the Mantra Southbank comes to mind) which is handy to the parklands with lots of playgrounds, eateries and access to ferries which the kids will enjoy. There's also a man-made beach and water fountains, and the Wheel of Brisbane. A short walk away are the galleries - I second GOMA as a child-friendly destination that my kids love.

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids friendly places

Thank you so much Foxpup82 and Paul! I'll look into GOMA. We've been to Southbank but not Wheel of Brisbane. Anything else outdoorsy? My little monkeys are really active. Dont mind any adventure... Are there any good playground with cafe next to it?

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,406 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids friendly places

New Farm Park. Accessible by river cat.

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids friendly places

Thanks Hamiriver.

Yes I've been there but they only serve coffee there. Was hoping for a restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
281 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids friendly places

Catch a city cat from Southbank to new farm park - the kids will love it!

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kids friendly places

Hi. I will bring my 5yo and 2yo kids to GC in oct. Do you might to let me know which farm stay you book on day 2? And where you stay for day 4 in sunshine coast? Thanks

Edited: 1:10 am, June 16, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kids friendly places

Definitely go on the city cat. Kids love it. Maybe a "hike" up Mt Cootha? No too hard or too long if you do have active kids.

9. Re: Kids friendly places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 18, 2015