We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying visit, please critique!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
flying visit, please critique!

family of 3, dad, mum and daughter, (23).

we are only staying in brisbane 1 night enroute to the GC, so need a snapshot on a friday morning, late checkout!

from the punthill in astor tce thought we could catch train to fortitude valley as that seems to be the one area to satisfy all tastes.

do people in the know agree and is there enough to occupy 3-4 hours?

picking up rental car as we leave city so rely on PT, can we squeeze in a dash to the riverside realistically too?

Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: flying visit, please critique!

Hi there,

If your into wandering around GOMA and the Queensland State Library are all close together at southbank and are great time killers and with a few nice little coffee shops and what not around the area.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,755 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: flying visit, please critique!

>>>KVE, you need to drop a few FF's & have a couple of days in BNE! You're selling it short, my friend ;)<<<

Lol Bokhara, they are all great suggestions, but I'm not sure if the family can fit that all in within 3-4hrs. :)

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: flying visit, please critique!

so sorry for tardy response to good tips from everyone, thanks heaps!

i've got it sorted now you've put me on the right track and totally going to visit goma and queensland art gallery to see two exhibitions that luck would have it are on while we're in the locality!

also hope to dip into the 'avid reader' bookshop and scoot around the west end to satisfy early 20 something daughter )

so much to do, so little time 'sigh'.

14. Re: flying visit, please critique!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 14, 2014