We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane with kids

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Queensland...
Level Contributor
44 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Brisbane with kids

I am planning a mini-break with the family in Brisbane (4 days, 3 nights). I am after any ideas of nice subrubs to stay and accommodation that is not overly expensive (looking at $160 or less a night). There will be 2 adults and 2 children (1 and 3 year olds). We have been to Brisbane plenty of times before so it does not need to be in the city centre. I was looking at Redcliffe but it will cost us nearly $240 just for airport transfers. Shorncliffe and New Farm look good but the accommodation I have able to find is either very pricey or does not seem particularly family friendly. So, any ideas would be appreciated - we are not fussy just not too expensive and close to public transport. Thanks :)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,284 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane with kids

I have just typed in "Kangaroo Point Family Accommodation" into Google and quite a few places popped up including Wotif.

You haven't said when you are coming but there is quite a bit available over the next few weeks for under $170 P/N.

Kangaroo Point is a great spot, an easy walk to the riverside and Southbank and a short Taxi ride to the railway station.

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane with kids

I would suggest looking at Ascot or Bulimba so you could walk down to the river and catch the City Cat. Ascot would be an easy transfer or taxi ride from the airport.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,887 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisbane with kids

Be careful with KP accom as some apartments are older and not great for kids as they are in high rise and noisy spots like right alongside the freeway/ bridge.

4. Re: Brisbane with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 28, 2014