We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation - Gold Coast

UK
5 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation - Gold Coast

We are travelling to Brisbane in Jan 07 - two adults and one 5 year old. Does anyone know of any good accommodation nearby to the theme parks ? Also, is it easy to get around from Brisbane airport or will we need to hire a car ? Thanks......

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation - Gold Coast

Hi Kelly

Do you need to be in Brisbane? if you want to be near the theme parks, a better choice would be the Gold Coast as there are shuttles to the theme parks.

cheers

UK
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation - Gold Coast

Thanks Surfoz.... We don't need to stay in Brisbane, we can stay on Gold Coast. Any recommendations ? We are only there for 4 nights and the websites I have looked at so far have a minimum stay of 5 or more nights !!! Thanks........

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation - Gold Coast

Hi Kelly

Unfortunately January is mid summer and our peak holiday time, including school holidays. Much accomodation will already be booked, also many places will want a week minimum.

You could look at hotels in Surfers Paradise or try self contained cabins within caravan parks, Ashmore Village while not in the tourist centre has a very good reputation for child friendly holidays.

Let me know if I can help further.

Cheers

Jeff

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation - Gold Coast

or try for accomm avail and better rates, going down the coast and stay, at say Coolangatta or Kirra beach.Just on new south wales qld border.I can suggest apartments at either location.about $155 per night or less for you 3 in a 1 bedroomer.

Its only a 35 min drive back up, and its where the planes land, well,just 5 mins out of, and not disturbed by the planes.

You can hire from the airport from several companies ( a car).Just look online and book. we get a small to medium vehicle with Avis for about $45 per day, plus insurance, but you may get Insurance excess reduction coverage via your travel insurance, or some selected credit cards offer, just see what you can get,

UK
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation - Gold Coast

Thanks Jeff and Lilyana..... I am making a few enquiries with the information you have given. If I need your help further, I will come back to you. Thanks again.....

6. Re: Accommodation - Gold Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 13, 2009