We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in/around Brisbane

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
206 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Driving in/around Brisbane

We will be landing at Brisbane airport and plan to drive a rental car up to Noosa, then return and drive through/around Brisbane and head for Sydney, via Springbrook NP. We have visited Brisbane CBD etc before so do not plan to stop there again, but wondered if it was worth detouring to the west round Brisbane to visit Mt Coot-tha and possibly Brisbane Forest park. The detour seems quite long and complex and I wondered whether the destination justified the difficulty?

If we drive from the airport north on M1, are any tolls payable ? I know that if we return on the M1 and cross the Gateway Bridge then a toll will be payable - I presume that this can be done on line as we will have a wifi tablet with us, but no phone?

England
Level Contributor
206 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Driving in/around Brisbane

Thanks for the latest updates. We will not be driving all the way from Noosa on the day that we visit Springbrook, but instead spend a day visiting the hinterland of the Sunshine coast, overnighting on the outskirts of Brisbane ( any suggestions for motels etc not too far from the M1?), then carrying on via Tamborine to Springbrook the next day.We are booked in to a motel at Murwillumbah that evening so not too far to drive after we visit Natural Bridge.

12. Re: Driving in/around Brisbane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:45 am, July 25, 2014