We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bris / Maroochydore question.

Sydney
Level Contributor
849 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Bris / Maroochydore question.

I'll be attending a wedding Sunday evening, November in Maroochydore.

We are landing in Brisbane around 7am Sat, flying out Monday morning at around 7:30am.

Would it be better to stay in Brisbane or Maroochydore? I'm finding the most convienient option in terms of traffic. We will have an Airport hire car and will not be drinking so driving isn't an issue.

I'm questioning the traffic in the morning going to Bris from Maroochydore on the Monday morning and don't want to be stuck in peak hr if there is traffic, and if I stay in Bris I want to be somewhere that will provide a quick, easy trip to the airport, again, with minimal peak hr traffic flow to worry about.

Don't care about shopping / restaurants etc. Just need a safe and clean place to stay that will allow easy movement to the airport on departure.

Cheers :)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,854 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bris / Maroochydore question.

There are many motels around Hamilton and Ascot, only 10 mins to the airport or there is the airport hotel itself "the Novotel" that's only 5 mins away. Driving from Maroochydore to the airport would be medium traffic but of course there are no guarantees. You could also look around the north side of the city ... the new tunnel takes you directly to the airport so missing any heavy traffic with minimum sets of lights.

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bris / Maroochydore question.

I agree with Able. Look at the Novotel at the airport or the local motels at Ascot/hendra or Hamilton. I personally would not chance the traffic from the Coast on a Monday morning.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bris / Maroochydore question.

I would spend Sat night in Maroochydore. The drive from Maroochydore to Brisbane airport would be about an hour and a half but the road gets congested from Caboolture to Brisbane in the morning from about 6.30am. Given you would probably need to leave at 5am (meaning getting up at stupid o'clock) if you spend Sun night in Maroochydore, I would spend Sun night in Brisbane at one of the airport hotels as already recommended. Then you can sleep to a reasonable hour and travel without to much stress. Having said that If I were to attend a Sunday night wedding I would probably opt to stay At Maroochy and drive to the airport early, I dont much like driving this highway at night and it is quite pretty in the early morning. But when you are not so familiar with the road it might be stressful. If you do decide to stay I would plan to be on the road at 5am, but be sure you are familiar with the hire car return location etc so you dont waste time there.

Sydney
Level Contributor
849 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bris / Maroochydore question.

Thank you for your help. I will be staying in Bris both nights at the Ibis opposite the airport :)

Cheers again :)

5. Re: Bris / Maroochydore question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 10, 2014