We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steve Irwins Zoo

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Steve Irwins Zoo

Can anyone say what this is like to visist? We have tickets booked for here for our trip in August.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Steve Irwins Zoo

Is it easy to get to from the Gold Coast? (Broadbeach area)

Also, how long does it take roughly?

Thanks

melbourne
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Steve Irwins Zoo

its very easy...if your driving you just follow the signis to sunshine coast...and youll hit Beewah...and there eay signs...australian zoo

dont worry you wont get lost...if your not drive go to surfers paradise bus depo and you can get a bus straight there...

good luck

melbourne
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Steve Irwins Zoo

ps its takes 2 hours from surfers...driving..

hervey bay
7 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Steve Irwins Zoo

UK girl mentioned that she thought the Taronga Zoo in Sydney was better. Just thought I'd point out that Australia Zoo (Steve's one) is privately owned and has only been there a relativel

short time. It is being added to and improved all the time. Taronga is wonderful ( I have dim memories of an elephant ride when I was about 5) and is being improved constantly too but is very old and is mainly funded by the government.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Steve Irwins Zoo

Hi,

Went to both Steve and Taronga zoo, and I do agree that Taronga is better. This may be my favourite because I didn't get much time to look around Steve Irwin's zoo, as we went on an organised trip, and it kept chucking down with rain :(

They both were very good though, compared to the average zoo in spain etc :)