We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Recommendation

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Topic
Food Recommendation

Hi Guys,

Any food recommendation in the Brisbane Region? Must eat local food and affordable? Thanks :)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,135 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food Recommendation

If you are looking for a local "cuisine " there is no such thing.

And you will not find food at the same sort of prices you get in Singapore. A cheap meal iin Australia, excluding MacDonalds etc will be around $12 - $15... The good thing is that you can get almost any cuisine from around the world. So if you would like to check out what's in Brisbane have a look at... urbanspoon.com/pr/…Cheap-Eats.html

Oz
Level Contributor
12,875 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food Recommendation

Hi,

Ear ya goe

www.miettas.com.au/restaurant/one?id=8576

Cheers,

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Food Recommendation

able58: was actually looking like at maybe seafood (fish & chip) or maybe desserts more aussie like..

i actually know that food arent the same sort of pricing in aussie n in singapore..since we are on holiday.. we r willing to spend on food...but hopefully its value for money.. but anyhow i will check the urbanspoon site for more information . thanks alot :)

OZRCFLYER: Thanks. will look through their site. :)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,135 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food Recommendation

Well if you have a car, for me, the BEST fish & chips in Brisbane is... http://www.urbanspoon.com/m/r/337/1531739... near Redcliffe.

Deserts are pretty well catered for as well, I have not been to all of these but Mud is very popular...

…concreteplayground.com.au/news/114255/the-f…

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,135 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food Recommendation

That fish n chip address didn't work... here we go

http://www.seafoodloverscafe.com.au/

They have some great little cakes as well.

Edited: 3:10 am, June 03, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Food Recommendation

thanks Able :) the 2 places looks good :) will plan to visit if we could find our way.. :)

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
82 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food Recommendation

If you are after an Aussie meal then I suggest you go to the XXXX Brewery, they have a restaurant called the XXXX Ale House. You can do a Brewery Tour and a meal or just go in for a meal. Most are from $10-$17 on average. A massive XXXX burger an fries, fish n chips etc. The brewery is located in Milton which is one train stop from Roma Street West. Enjoy your stay.

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Food Recommendation

Thanks tracy'. Saw tat during my research. Will plan a trip to the factory :-)

brisbane
Level Contributor
227 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food Recommendation

Some of the other iconic meals in Brisbane I'd suggest to my visitors from Singapore include:

(1) Having a steak at the Breakfast Creek Hotel (it was good enough for Mikhail Gorbachev)

(2) Having a sand crab lasagne at Il Centro restaurant Eagle Street Pier (the original and the best - the local equivalent of having chilli mud crab in Singapore)

10. Re: Food Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 10, 2014