We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ekka

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Ekka

We will be in Brissie during the Ekka!!! Yeah!!! I noticed on the website that you can order tickets on line and there is a space for a promo code. When I researched it, seems like with the code you can save $7.00 per ticket - seems to be a good deal, but I can't figure out what the code is. Any help?

Thanks

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ekka

Hi, I'm on the email list and this link was part of their initial marketing campaign. Don't know if it helps you or not. :)

https:/…

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ekka

HI GK, I just tried that code and it did not work. But I did sign up for email newsletters so maybe I will get a code too. Thanks for the possible help.

noosa
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ekka

Try this to get 10% discount for 2013 ekka.Promo Code: SHPDKT02

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ekka

We are arriving 16th morning from Hong Kong, so could hit Ekka that same day. 2 families, kids of age, 8,6 and 3. How crowded will it be on the last Saturday?

Went to similar fairs before, we only have 2 days to spend inside Brisbane (and first time there) so deciding between full/half day Ekka, or should we actually spending time wandering the city / South Banks.

Thoughts?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ekka

Have a look at the show programme & see of there are events that you haven't seen before.

www.ekka.com.au

You may (or may not) be interested in horse events like jumping, camp drafting, buckjumping; synchronized car & bikes and more.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,449 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ekka

The show will be extremely crowded ... although if you've walked through Tsim Sha Tsui you are probably used to it. Kids love these things and they are uniquely Australian so possibly worth it.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ekka

A full day might be a stretch with a 3 year old. Depending on the children perhaps go from lunch time or later and stay for the fire works in the evening at 7.45. There is a lot to see from the animal exhibitions, side show alley, the show bag pavilion, live shows etc.

Enjoy!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,449 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ekka

Debo ... this post is from last year, I'm guessing the OP has been and gone

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ekka

I was just about to post the same msg.

Gray

10. Re: Ekka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 03, 2016