We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why stay in Brisbane

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Why stay in Brisbane

My family are going to be doing a 3 week tour from Sydney to Cape Tribulation in July.

We are due to return our campervan to Brisbane before taking the tilt train to Hervey Bay.

Our itinerary currently has us staying in Brisbane for 1 night but I am not sure whether this is necessary.

Can someone advise why we should stay, what there is to do and how long we would need.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Australian Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Mirimar Cruises
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,573 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why stay in Brisbane

Lots of reasons.

Its a beautiful city, good food, its cheaper than the other major cities, people are really relaxed and nice, some great hotels...

Edited: 2:01 pm, April 05, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,016 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why stay in Brisbane

Brisbane is not one of Australias major tourist destinations but it certainly is worth a visit. If you are already in a city why not at least spend a day and have a look around. Even if all you do is a City Cat trip up and down the river and grab some lunch at Southbank. Brisbane from the river is a very attractive city, it's clean and easy to get around. There are some great restaurants, shopping and generally the weather is warm and temperate.

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why stay in Brisbane

I agree with able58. Take a ride on a City cat and spend some time at Southbank.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why stay in Brisbane

Have a look at

www.visitbrisbane.com.au

issuu.com/brisbanemarketing/…17

This may help you deide if there's anything that intersts you

Oscar

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Why stay in Brisbane

Thanks to all for the feedback - i am going to take a look at the recommended websites.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
54 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why stay in Brisbane

I don't want to sound negative, but Brisbane is not a real travel must. If you don't need to stay, save the day for Far North Queensland. This is a region completely different from England (I'm assuming you're from there) and the nature is spectacular. Brisbane is "just another city".

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
54 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why stay in Brisbane

By the way - this is a HUGE trip for 3 weeks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why stay in Brisbane

I spent 3 nights in Brisbane last November when travelling in Australia with my sister and really liked it. There are some good walks on both sides of the river, great places to eat and a very easy going atmosphere. The staff in tourist info centre on the south bank were especially helpful in suggesting ideas. It comes down to how much time you would have and what the other options would be after having dropped off the camper van.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why stay in Brisbane

I have heard rosyposy's comment echoed many times by visitors to Brisbane.

While some may find the city dull, if you get out and explore I'm sure you will love the charm of our wonderful city.

Although Brisbane has probably now lost its "big country town" tag with a population of 2.1 million , it has become a progressive city with many people choosing to live here.

Scotland
Level Contributor
270 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why stay in Brisbane

hi, im staying in noosa and brisbane this christmas, where is the far north queensland that you mentioned ?