We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Suncorp Stadium

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
225 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Suncorp Stadium

Hi my Gf and I will be coming to Brisbane to watch Melbourne Victory at Suncorp stadium 9th March. we will be staying at the Mertion Serviced apartments on Adelaide Street we have a rental car looking at google maps its only about 3km whats the best way to get there we are used to walking a lot so distance wouldn't be a problem?

Thanks Jacob

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Suncorp Stadium

It's not to bad a walk, about 2.5km. First of all get a map of Brissy. There's a big intersection just up from the Meriton. The first street is Queen and then Anne Street (they merge together). Cross over the road to Boundary street and turn hard left into Turbot. Follow Turbot all the way to Roma street. Walk past the Roma street Transit centre and across Countess street. After the Fire station there's a walkway that will take you up through the Barracks and onto Caxton street. Follow Caxton street and the stadium is on the left after all the bars and restaurants. Alternatively you could wander down to Fortitude Valley station (corner of Wickham and Brunswick streets) and catch the train to Milton station. What ever you do don't take the car as there is no parking.

Oscar

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Suncorp Stadium

Parking for Suncorp is discouraged. Home owners in the area have parking permits for sporting events and they are well policed so even though you think you may have found a street park, without a permit you will be booked. Free travel on trains or buses is usually included in the ticket price.

Alternatively walking is an option as stated above.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
225 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Suncorp Stadium

Thanks for the info i think we will just walk it providing its not raining

Brisbane
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Suncorp Stadium

As said, do not take the car, walking is also fine, but I would probably be more inclined to catch the train (even maybe just on the way back). It's only about a 500m walk away from milton station, which is on the Ipswich line. Just follow the crowd. Try Translink.com.au

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Suncorp Stadium

I know this isn't much help for you as the event was last weekend - but for others who may go at a later stage:

- Have a look at your ticket to work out what gate you are entering the stadium, if you are gates A&B then the walk from Milton train Station is not that far and a train or bus are the best way. If you are entering gates C/D/E then you are on the other side of the stadium and you are better off just walking from Roma Street station.

- Parking - the only place you could park would be up on Albert Street above Roma Street Train station, however with the new off-peak parking meters you will have to pay about $6.00 to park for the evening as the meters now go into the evening.

6. Re: Getting to Suncorp Stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 12, 2014