We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near southbank park and train station to airport

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
231 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
hotel near southbank park and train station to airport

Hi,

I would like to spend 2D1N in Brisbane.

Is manmade beach, ferries wheel, rainforest and south bank park all within walking distance to each other?

Can you let me know which hotels are walking distance to southbank park and train station to brisbane international airport?

I have tried looking into Wotif.com but they don't indicate Southbank location.

Many thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel near southbank park and train station to airport

Rydges Southbank and Mantra Southbank are the only ones I know, there could be a third.

All the above you mentioned are within very short walking distance from the hotel.

Alternately, you could stay in the CBD, as its only a few stops by train to go visit South Bank, and the city will offer a greater variety of restaurants and cafes to choose from.

Edited: 11:31 pm, January 24, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
216 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel near southbank park and train station to airport

My friends always stay at the rendevous hotel, 255 ann st, close to central station for the airtrain and close to queen st mall where all the shopping/restaurants are in brisbane cbd. Its an easy walk up the mall to southbank parklands. The ferris wheel and beach are all in the parklands so you can walk all around the area.

Edited: 11:44 pm, January 24, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel near southbank park and train station to airport

"My friends always stay at the rendevous hotel, 255 ann st, close to central station for the airtrain and close to queen st mall where all the shopping/restaurants are in brisbane cbd"

Is that the one across the park from the Sofitel?

That's a brilliant suggestion, it's a good boutique hotel with all the comforts of a five star and reasonably priced. Really convenient to everything.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel near southbank park and train station to airport

I really think that KVE1005 hit it on the head with Mantra at Southbank. Everything you need being close to Southbank and the railway station. While the Rendezvous is a good choice for staying in the city your kids will find Southbank a much better area to stay. While your there San Churro is under the hotel and you'll have trouble not spending lots of time eating Spanish Donuts.

www.visitsouthbank.com.au

Have a look on Agoda when booking as they don't charge the extra fees when booking that Wotif do.

Oscar

Edited: 1:34 am, January 25, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,446 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel near southbank park and train station to airport

We recently stayed at the RIverside Hotel when we had an o/night stopover in Brisbane. Its a 5 min walk from the train. I think it ticks all your boxes - and we got a good rate.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel near southbank park and train station to airport

I think it depends on what is more important for you, convenience to the air train for travel to/from airport or walking distance to the sites you have nominated. For the former, the Rendevous and Sofitel would be ideal. The free loop bus stops right in front of the Rendevous and you can get off in William Street and it's a 5 minute walk across the bridge to Southbank. The Sofitel is right above Central Station and the Rendevous is across the road. In any event it is only about a 15 walk from both to Southbank. Mantra is a short walk to Southbank Parklands and there are plenty of restaurants around.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel near southbank park and train station to airport

I am looking for similar but need a good budget hotel near the railway station, as arriving at night with two kids.

Only need a hotel for a night, as going down to Surfers to stay.

Not sure whether to go find a night down in Surfers or stay in Brisbane city for a night as my grand daughters have not been there before.

Would appreciate any suggestions :)

We are arriving on the 12th September.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel near southbank park and train station to airport

Have a look at Oaks Lexicon

oakshotelsresorts.com/oaks-lexicon-apartment…

It's close to Central Station and might be a little cheaper than the Rendezvous and just a little further down the road.

Also, the Ibis or Holiday Inn as they are close to Roma Street stations, In fact the Holiday Inn is above it. Both Stations have the Gold Coast line trains running on them.

Oscar

9. Re: hotel near southbank park and train station to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 21, 2014