We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go card

Perth
Level Contributor
169 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Go card

Hi I am coming to Brisbane in October and have been looking at "things to do and see" and notice that to use the city cat you can use a go card. What is a Go card? I will be staying at Kangaroo Point. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards Lyn

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
420 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Go card

Also remember to keep an eye on your balance (it displays when you tap on and off the bus) so that you can re-charge the card when required rather than having to pay the higher price for the journey on the bus/train or citycat

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,255 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Go card

The Go Card is fantastic. I've just recharged ours online for our next trip to the Sunshine Coast in a couple of weeks. I highly recommend it.

If we run a little short we can then recharge in cash on the bus or whatever.

A highly efficient system. Congratulations Queensland.

Mentioned in this post
Sunshine Coast
Sunshine Coast
Queensland, Australia
Mitcham, Australia
Level Contributor
221 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Go card

One thing to remember is that it's not possible to top up Go Cards on Brisbane City Council buses but private buses are OK. There are plenty of convenience stores in the Brisbane City Council area where you can top up.

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Perth
Level Contributor
169 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Go card

Thank you so much everyone for the Information, it is much appreciated. Looking forward to co ing to Brisbane

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
15. Re: Go card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 10, 2013