We are a family with two school age children, but that means we are limited in when we can travel. We are only able to travel at the end of December (when airline tickets are too expensive) or at the end of June, July, or August.
I realize that August is not the best weather there, but I was wondering what to expect around Brisbane. The following are our very rough plans for a 3 week trip.
- Fly into Brisbane (Seattle - LAX - Brisbane)
- Take kids to amusement parks there
- Spend some time on Fraser Island
- Go up to the Great Barrier Reef
- Optionally see Ayers Rock or visit relatives in Melbourne if we have time (they offered to meet us in Brisbane, but we'll see... :) )
My wife is extremely concerned that the weather will not be conducive to swimming at this time. From what I understand all of the pools are heated this time of year and we never swim in the ocean anyways.
Note that as we live in Seattle, temperatures in the 70's are very nice for us. So if we travel this time of year, will Fraser Island and Brisbane be most likely in the 60's or below and windy?